Relegated Ghana Premier League league side, Accra Great Olympics, have served the Ghana Football Association with another injunction against the start of the new league season.
It is the second time Olympics have attempted to derail the start of the league after succeeding to delay the start of the league for two weeks before their initial injunction was subsequently thrown out by an Accra High Court.
Olympics want the FA to dock Bechem United points for fielding an unqualified player, a move that would see Bechem relegated and Olympics reinstated. The FA dismissed their request on administrative grounds.
The court dismissal of their first case on February 21, enabled the FA to hold its Ordinary Congress and launch the new league campaign, activities which were all held up as a result of the first injunction.
But barely 24 hours after the launch, Olympics have headed back to court to secure another injunction which could prevent the league from kicking off on the weekend of 2-4 March as scheduled.
“It is true that we have served the GFA with another injunction. The GPL won’t come on this weekend,” board member of Great Olympics Oluboi Comodore told Happy FM.
“It is not our intention to stop the league but we need justice. We are seeking for justice. The league can’t be played without Olympics,” he said.
Meanwhile, some officials of the say have taken to social media to deny that the FA had been served any injunction notice. Olympics were reported to have handed the notice to one Joel but Tamimu Issah, the Public Relations Officer of the Premier League Board, and Willy Bossman, who works in the FA’s media department, took to facebook to deny any Joel worked at the FA’s registry.
The GFA has yet to officially acknowledge receipt of any such injunction.
By: Fentuo Tahiru/citifmonline.com/Ghana